The Musical Soirees series plans to offer the following concert programmes:
- Johannes BRAHMS Violin Sonata No. 3 in D minor, op. 108. Performed by Leonidas Kavakos (violin) and Yuja Wang (piano) from the album BRAHMS Violin Sonatas (2014);
- Béla BARTÓK Rhapsody No. 1 for Violin and Piano. Performed by Ursula Bagdasarjanz (violin) and Fernande Kaeser (piano) from the album Ursula Bagdasarjanz. Bach. Nardini. Mozart. Bartók. (2008);
- Ludwig van BEETHOVEN Violin Sonata No. 9, Op. 47 (Kreutzer Sonata). Performed by Henryk Szeryng (violin) and Ingrid Haebler (piano) from the album Beethoven: Violin Sonatas (1980).
Latvijas Radio 3 Klasika to give people throughout Latvia the chance to listen
To give everyone the chance to experience the special Festival atmosphere remotely—at home, in the countryside or in their garden—anyone will be able to hear the concert programmes planned for August 15th and 16th over the radio in collaboration with Latvijas Radio 3 Klasika.
- Pyotr TCHAIKOVSKY Polonaise from Eugene Onegin. Performed by the St. Petersburg Academic Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra, conductor Yuri Temirkanov (Sony, 2013);
- Pyotr TCHAIKOVSKY Piano Concerto No. 1 in B♭ minor, Op. 23, Performed by Fazıl Say, the St. Petersburg Academic Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra, conductor Yuri Temirkanov (Warner Classics, 2001);
- Nikolai RIMSKY-KORSAKOV Scheherazade, Op. 35. Performed by the St. Petersburg Academic Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra, conductor Yuri Temirkanov (Signum, 2003).
- Anatoly LYADOV Kikimora. Performed by the Russian National Orchestra, conductor Mikhail Pletnev (DG, 1994);
- Pyotr TCHAIKOVSKY Violin Concerto in D major, Op. 35. Performed by Daniel Lozakovich, the National Philharmonic Orchestra of Russia and conductor Vladimir Spivakov (DG, 2019);
- Sergei RACHMANINOFF Symphonic Dances, Op. 45. Performed by St. Petersburg Academic Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra, conductor Yuri Temirkanov (Signum, 2011).
Ekselence Ice Cream continues to support the gourmet food lovers of classical music, treating attendees to this year’s hottest new flavour: the Ekselence Latte Macchiato ice cream.
Meanwhile, the restaurant BARENTS will take care of picnic baskets and beverages which can be ordered before the event or purchased on site.
Register for the event to reserve a lounge chair and order snacks through the site HERE!
*In order to ensure the protection of public health, the organizers are entitled to transfer personal registration data to the Center for Disease Prevention and Control (Slimību profilakses un kontroles centrs / SPKC) and / or the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Latvia upon request.
Riga Jurmala Musical Soirées are supported by the Riga City Council, Riga Tourism Development Bureau and Ice Cream Ekselence.
Our supporters: Amber Beverage Group, Cross Keys Gin, saldējums “Ekselence”, Food Union, Rietumu Banka, Forta Pro, izdevnniecība “Rīgas Viļņi”, Uniting History, Zuzeum, airBaltic, Baltic Travel Group, FBO Riga, Grand Hotel Kempinski, Rigas Dome, Live Riga, JSC “Latvijas kuģniecība”.